SangeethaJaikumar

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

We have to learn from Japanese...yes, the world has to.

My recent assignment was in a factory off the city. It is headquartered in Japan. So had a few delegates come down to chennai to help the new plant in getting required certifications.

I have heard people say... "It is tough to work with Japanese..."
... "Japanese are work-a-holics..."
... "Japanese are strict, punctual etc..."

I wish to share my experiences with Japanese.
Yes, it is tough to work with Japanese. They are strict. I agree. But they worship work...they do not see any necessity for fun@work (as many pvt co's hv brought in this activity).
My boss listed out the priority of a common Japanese an Indian.

Japanese Indian
1. Work Entertainment
2. Family Family
3. Entertainment Work

It was the first day of my assignment. I saw a Japanese arranging the door mats neatly, which he was about to stamp to enter the office. The security guy was standing nearby. I asked the security who the japanese was. He replied, "Country head, India."

Day 2: I was talking to the plant head as I entered the office. He stopped and ordered the security person to arrange the mats neatly before the Japanese arrive. I went to my desk and saw through the window, another Japanese arranging the mats.

It could have taken just a few seconds for him to order the security to arrange the door mats. But he found nothing wrong in doing it himself. Infact he's saved a lot of time...of his and the security.

1 Comments:

At March 02, 2014 8:55 PM , Blogger Suhaina said...

Hi Sangeetha,
Sure you will get it right if you use the quantity mentioned in the recipe along with the baking time. Do try once again with the same measurements mentioned here.
If you increase the quantity, you have to increase the baking time by 20 minutes or so depending the size of your baking pan.
I would recommend you to follow the recipe as it is and do not double until you get it right.
Hope this helps.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home