SangeethaJaikumar

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

My first abroad trip

My first abroad trip was to Dalian, China. I went on a business trip for two weeks.

Just thought of sharing some pics.


The best thing about the trip is that I experienced snow for the first time in my life. Born and brought up in Chennai, I could only dream of snow but Dalian gave me a wonderful rendezvous with nature.

Initially I felt Dalian to China as Delhi to India. But very soon I felt the change in climate. Nov-Dec-Jan are the coldest months; temperature ranging from -20 to 10.

The pic above is how Dalian was on Nov 5
The pic below is how Dalian was on Dec 5

The worst thing about the trip was the language problem. To my knowledge, there are two languages spoken, Mandorin and Cantonese. None seemed to understand or speak English, not even the bank employees. We had to play Dumbcharades and write down numbers coz they not even could utter one, two, three...


I was amazed of the infrastructure, buildings, technology...China is soon to become a well developed country in the world.




Shopping...Really worth doing in China for the range of electronic goods and attractive prices



This place is called Trust-Mart which you could compare with the all-new Big Bazaar of Chennai.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At January 27, 2007 9:52 PM , Blogger Sandhya Ramachandran said...

wow! Sk... looks like u had super fun! Put up more pics! [:)]

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home